8 Things About Me
- I own more pairs of shoes than *Insert name of small country.
- Miracles happen daily. I believe this with all my kidney.
- I have a love/hate relationship with CrossFit.
- Happiness is a choice, and once chosen it's meant to be shared.
- Coke Zero and Hot Tamales are my two favorite food groups.
- If I'm not writing a book, I'm shooting a bride. (summerillphotography.com)
- Hugs are as essential as shoes, food, and toilet paper.
- I tend to speak before I think.
After completing a B.A. in English, I had aspirations to knock out the next great American novel. Mom always taught me to dream big. Well writing proved tougher than I first thought. Tougher than chewing on a two-year-old gummi-worm that's been hiding under a car seat. Plans changed. I didn't write the next great American novel. No, I grabbed a Nikon and became a professional wedding photographer. During the day I posed brides and in the evenings I put scenes into action. Word by word. Manuscript by manuscript. I kept on writing.
The scenic detour of photography took me across the United States and even over to Australia and New Zealand, where I picked up world-building inspiration. After seven years, eight failed manuscripts, and a life-altering kidney donation experience, I finally had the vision to draft my debut young adult fantasy, EVER THE HUNTED.
When I'm not writing or shooting, I'm chasing my 4 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 4 chickens around the state of Utah. This is probably why I'm seriously addicted to Coke Zero and Hot Tamales.